The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Oakridge Arena has security cameras installed onsite which are operational at all times.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. Please note that Oakridge Arena is not responsible for the content or privacy policies (or lack of) on websites linked to our sites.
Information collected by Oakridge Arena:
- Enquiries from non customers - message, name and email address, received via the website or Facebook, held for up to a year and used to answer queries/follow up
- Rider registration forms - for riding lessons on school horses; name, contact details, emergency contact details, medical conditions, riding experience. Retained in a locked filing cabinet for insurance purposes for at least 7 years.
- Emails - from clients and non clients. Important messages are saved in the filing system, otherwise emails are retained for up to two years.
- Payment data, excluding card information which we do not receive at any time. Received via accounting and banking systems, saved for at least seven years for tax purposes.
- Website cookies set automatically by our software. We do not knowingly access these or pass to third parties.
- Horse registration details, membership status of relevant equestrian organisations, name, address, date of birth may be all be collected for show entries of events run by Oakridge Arena or Sherwood Shows. This information is stored securely with the relevant show secretary and may be shared with relevant registration bodies for the purposes of the shows only including but not limited to AQHA, NRHA, British Reining and British Dressage.
Oakridge Arena will not share data with any external third parties. Data shared with Oakridge Arena may be accessed by staff working for the company and if applicable Sherwood Shows Circuit, NRHA, AQHA, AQHA UK, British Reining, British Dressage or any other showing body for the purposes of show competition only where an entry has been made.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely for legitimate business purposes including tax and insurance requirements where a transaction has occurred.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.